Here's the focus for the rest of the week (from here):
Real Diaper Week will take place April 16 – 21, 2012. The focus of RDW is advocacy and education. Each day we will focus on one area of advocacy, with supporting education and challenges. The overall theme of the 2012 Real Diaper Week is “Real Simple. Real Diapers.”
We’d love to hear how you’re participating in Real Diaper Week. Please join our blog hop by writing posts on one or more days throughout the week, tied to one of the focus areas or activities described below. To participate, see instructions here.
Bloggers participating in Real Diaper Week can download a badge for your website, which can link back to this page where people can find out more information about advocating and educating people about cloth diapers during Real Diaper Week.
Wednesday: Real Simple Real Diaper SavingsAdvocacy Recommendations
- Contact a local community action agency that provides family support services and offer to teach a simple cloth diaper class for low income families on a budget.
- Lead a class on how to make your own cloth diapers.
- Cloth Diapering on a budget (inexpensive and simple!)
- Identify a simple diaper to bring to the GCDC, to be donated to a cloth diaper charity (such as Giving Diapers, Giving Hope or similar cloth diaper charity, or a local social service organization that would be willing to provide them to clients)
Thursday: Real Simple Real Diapers for BabiesAdvocacy Recommendations
- Tell a daycare provider, hospital, or pediatrician about cloth diapers
- Tell a doula, midwife, childbirth educator, or lactation educator about cloth diapers. Let them know they can get a demo kit to demonstrate cloth diapers to their clients from the Real Diaper Industry Association: http://realdiaperindustry.org/consider-cloth.
- Health benefits of cloth diapers http://www.realdiaperassociation.org/diaperfacts.php
- How to use cloth diapers in daycare. Daycare tip sheet and cloth-diaper-friendly daycare provider directory: http://daycare.realdiaperindustry.org
Friday: Real Simple Real Diaper ReuseAdvocacy Recommendations
- Personal Re-Use Challenge Day! Identify one area where you are not already using something reusable (night time diapering, traveling with diapers, potty training, swim diapers, coffee cups, water bottles, grocery bags, snack bags, feminine products, etc). Figure out the simplest solution for you to make the switch.
- Traveling with Cloth Diapers: http://www.realdiaperassociation.org/100/TravelTipSheet.pdf
- Cloth Diapering at Night: http://www.realdiaperassociation.org/100/ClothOvernight.pdf
- Other Ideas for Reuse: http://www.reusealliance.org/wp-content/uploads/Reuse-Alliance-Top-Reuse-Tips.pdf
Saturday: GREAT CLOTH DIAPER CHANGE 2012!Advocacy Recommendations
- Bring a friend to the Great Cloth Diaper Change!
- Share how cloth diapering has made an impact in simplifying your life.